* WE WILL HAVE CAMP EVEN IF SOCIAL DISTANCING REQUIRES US TO MOVE ONLINE - PLANS ARE ALREADY IN PLACE!
NEW CAMP Dates: Monday, July 20 - Friday, July 24
Ages: Piano students from 10+ years of age (exceptions may be made at our sole discretion, and an evaluation may be required.)
- Students will be divided in age-appropriate and level appropriate groups as needed
- Completion of level one of any book series highly recommended.
- This is an excellent camp choice for Intermediate and Advanced students.
At create! students dive into the art of composing. We'll walk through the process from beginning to end - from initial inspiration to final notation. Each day through creative exercises, group improvisation times, learning and practical application of notation theory we'll create original music compositions. At the end of camp, students will take home a professional style single page printout of their created work, transcribed into notation software by the instructor from their handwritten notation, artwork and instructions
- Inspirational exercises that can be used for future creativity
- Group and solo composition time
- A proven curriculum in a take-home binder for future reference
- Performance time and peer input
- create! T-Shirt and swag bag!
- Parent Presentation the last day of class
- Printed score of students composition
BENEFITS OF AN INTENSIVE PIANO CAMP:
- Builds self-confidence and improves self-esteem
- Discover new friendships
- Major progress strides in a short window of time
- The opportunity to try new things
- Explore, create and perform in a low-key safe, fun and encouraging environment
REGISTRATION AND POLICIES:
- Camp Fee may be paid in full at time of registration
- If not in full, a minimum non-refundable deposit of $50 required to secure registration, and remaining tuition must be paid by June 15 or camp space will be released and $50 deposit forfeited.
- Makeup lessons, prorates or refunds are not offered for missed camp days
- Cancellations on or before June 15 receive a full refund less $50 non-refundable fee
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations on or after June 16.
- All other studio policies can be found here.
Ready to register or need more info? Click the big red 'Register Now' button!
All camps, classes and lessons are held at our residence in Thompsons' Station near Summit High School unless otherwise indicated.
PLEASE NOTE: Contingency plans are in place for holding camp online should the need arise.