First Day of Piano Camp Recap
Tuesday, July 18, 2017 by Alison Stevens | Uncategorized
The first day is under our belts and it went GREAT!
Today, we discussed:
- Inspiration - what things inspire you?
- The four elements of duration, timbre, pitch and dynamics and how to use them to convey an idea, a word picture, an emotion or a sound through music
- Motive's and Themes in music, and we did some listening to a few classics to find them. We even had a student volunteer to play one of the for us! Woohoo!
- Proper notation - how to write a note on the staff - note heads and stems, length and direction of stems, spacing within a measure and more
And, we had creative time to put these things into practice by choosing an inspiration and writing a motive or a theme using the elements of music we discussed to communicate that theme on the piano.
WHEW!!! That's a lot!!
- If you have an iPad or tablet you can download the free version of garage band on, do it and bring it! Headphones, too :)
- Bring a snack
- Come ready for another day of learning, creating and fun!!!
See you in the morning 9:00am SHARP!
Rich & Alison